What Kind Of Family Do You Have?
Mention the word “family” and you’re likely to get as many different reactions as there are people in the world! The truth is that families come in all shapes and sizes, and there is probably no bigger influence on who we are than… well, “them”. (Don’t believe us? Wait until you hear your parents’ words falling out of your own mouth! It *will* happen!) So… What Kind Of Family Do You Have? Take the quiz to find out!
Finish the sentence: A trip to the grocery store with your entire family is a lot like _____.
- Herding cats
- A test of one’s persuasive powers… and patience
- A well-oiled machine, tuned to perfection
- A strange recurring dream that only pops up on very rare occasions
How does your family watch TV?
- With lots of shouting, grappling, and possibly some carpet stains
- We just wander off to watch whatever we want alone
- A happy blend of the extremes above, for the most part
- Together, or not at all
What does family meal-time most often look like?
- I’d say it’s more like “ordered” chaos!
- Everyone eating whatever, whenever
- We eat as a family, every time!
Who learns more from whom?
- The kids learn more from the parents
- The parents learn more from the kids
- There is an equal give-and-take
What best sums up the family’s collective attitude toward keeping the house tidy?
- A place for everything and everything in its place
- Freakin’ impossible… might as well wait for pigs to fly
- Public spaces: Clean! Bedrooms? Up to you!
- I hear people shouting...
Finish the sentence: My family gets along best when we…
- Are laughing at each other
- Are working together to solve each other’s problems
- Are able to enjoy some time apart
- Are playing our roles to perfection
Do you know the birthdays of *all* your family members by heart?
- Er.. next question, please
Does everyone in your family have a voice?
- Sure… everyone gets a vote!
- Absolutely! (As long as they are yelling!)
- Yes, but there are roles to play
- There is a clear hierarchy…
Someone gets the bright idea to have a Monopoly game night! What is the likely result of this zesty enterprise?
- There will be lots of yelling, and some game pieces may be sacrificed to the gods
- This is not likely to happen under any circumstances…
Finish the sentence: I am more likely to go _____ with my family than I am with friends.
- To an amusement park
- Out to dinner
- All of the above
- None of the above
How are strong disagreements usually handled?
- By restating the rules!
- Through exhausting negotiations
- We tend to stay out of each other’s business…
- Fighting! Haha!
On a scale of 1 to 4, how often does your home feel like a freakin’ circus?
- Almost never
- Pretty often