What Kind Of Family Do You Have?
Finish the sentence: A trip to the grocery store with your entire family is a lot like _____.
- Herding cats
- A test of one’s persuasive powers… and patience
- A well-oiled machine, tuned to perfection
- A strange recurring dream that only pops up on very rare occasions
How does your family watch TV?
- With lots of shouting, grappling, and possibly some carpet stains
- We just wander off to watch whatever we want alone
- A happy blend of the extremes above, for the most part
- Together, or not at all
What does family meal-time most often look like?
- I’d say it’s more like “ordered” chaos!
- Everyone eating whatever, whenever
- We eat as a family, every time!
Who learns more from whom?
- The kids learn more from the parents
- The parents learn more from the kids
- There is an equal give-and-take
What best sums up the family’s collective attitude toward keeping the house tidy?
- A place for everything and everything in its place
- Freakin’ impossible… might as well wait for pigs to fly
- Public spaces: Clean! Bedrooms? Up to you!
- I hear people shouting...
Finish the sentence: My family gets along best when we…
- Are laughing at each other
- Are working together to solve each other’s problems
- Are able to enjoy some time apart
- Are playing our roles to perfection
Do you know the birthdays of *all* your family members by heart?
- Er.. next question, please
Does everyone in your family have a voice?
- Sure… everyone gets a vote!
- Absolutely! (As long as they are yelling!)
- Yes, but there are roles to play
- There is a clear hierarchy…
Someone gets the bright idea to have a Monopoly game night! What is the likely result of this zesty enterprise?
- There will be lots of yelling, and some game pieces may be sacrificed to the gods
- This is not likely to happen under any circumstances…
Finish the sentence: I am more likely to go _____ with my family than I am with friends.
- To an amusement park
- Out to dinner
- All of the above
- None of the above
How are strong disagreements usually handled?
- By restating the rules!
- Through exhausting negotiations
- We tend to stay out of each other’s business…
- Fighting! Haha!
On a scale of 1 to 4, how often does your home feel like a freakin’ circus?
- Almost never
- Pretty often